Our mission is to serve and represent non-faculty and non-union Danforth staff members. We seek to collaborate with the senior administration (Associate Vice Chancellor/Provost level and above) and Human Resources to broaden and strengthen the lines of communication on matters that impact staff and to provide advice to the administration on policy decisions.
Our Current Areas of Focus
- Strengthening the relationships between faculty and staff/managers and staff via focus groups, trainings, and workshops.
- Streamlining the performance review process to promote fairness and balance by implementing the “360 Review” model across the campus.
- Linking performance reviews to staff compensation.
- Focusing in on the many diversity and inclusion initiatives going on around campus and reviewing where we have progressed and what’s still needed.
- Seek out the issues, interests, ideas, and participation of employees;
- Provide an effective two-way communication link between senior administration and Danforth staff members;
- Provide staff input into Washington University’s decision-making processes, especially those that directly affect staff;
- Develop proactive, progressive recommendations in collaboration with the senior administration, Human Resources, and the Staff Ombudsman to bring about resolutions;
- Help foster a more open and positive environment throughout the university community;
- Create a greater sense of unity among staff and provide support;
- Encourage social responsibility and service to the university and the surrounding community; and
- Develop activities which strive to continually improve communication and morale including social, educational, recreational, informational, and community service events.