Our mission is to serve and represent non-faculty and non-union Danforth staff members. We seek to collaborate with the senior administration (Associate Vice Chancellor/Provost level and above) and Human Resources to broaden and strengthen the lines of communication on matters that impact staff and to provide advice to the administration on policy decisions.
- Seek out the issues, interests, ideas, and participation of employees;
- Provide an effective two-way communication link between senior administration and Danforth staff members;
- Provide staff input into Washington University’s decision-making processes, especially those that directly affect staff;
- Develop proactive, progressive recommendations in collaboration with the senior administration, Human Resources, and the Staff Ombudsperson to bring about resolutions;
- Help foster a more open and positive environment throughout the university community;
- Create a greater sense of unity among staff and provide support;
- Encourage social responsibility and service to the university and the surrounding community; and
- Develop activities which strive to continually improve communication and morale including social, educational, recreational, informational, and community service events.